Monday, October 3, 2011

Who's Excited? I AM!

Hello kids.  It's been awhile, but I've been in kind of a "if-it's-not-good-enough-to-come-out-of-my-own-mouth-it's-not-good-enough-for-cyber-space" kind of mood of late.

But something changed all that today.

My "cousin" Carolyn, (long story long) is in advertising, marketing, web design, project managing etc., who works from home, has a client that is working on a website to rival those of recipes.com, foodtv.com, and cookingchannel.com.  He is looking for a chef/demonstrator to do videos for his website. He asked her if she knew anyone, but she had no idea. he called her back and she thought of me.

And "cousin" is a loving term.  Her parents were my God-Parents, and my parents' best friends, so respectfully, I grew up calling her parents Aunt and Uncle and her and her 3 siblings cousin. She was even named after my mom, who is her God-Mother.  There you have it.

Back to why I'm blogging again.

I will be doing the video demonstrations for the website and YouTube channel right from my own kitchen.

This is my dream job. PERIOD.

This is the exposure/platform I have been hoping for ever since I submitted an audition video for The Next Food Network Star, August 2009.

I have no expectations, other than to do the very best I can, be myself on camera, and teach people about my passion for food. Hoping to make others passionate about food in the process.

This could not have come at a better time as The Moonlight Chef is not doing very well at all right now as far as bringing in business.

The wind from one door closing opens the door in another room. Or so the proverb goes.

Who's excited? I AM!!!

Cheers,

LMS

No comments:

Post a Comment